NBA MLB NHL MLS Tennis Golf Premier League La Liga Liga MX
Capitals vs. Penguins Prediction and Odds - Mar 25, 2023Last updated: Mar 26, 2023, 12:11AM | Published: Mar 24, 2023, 6:33PM
The Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals meet in of the NHL at PPG Paints Arena on Saturday, with puck drop at 8:00PM ET.
Dimers' top betting picks for Capitals vs. Penguins, plus game predictions, betting odds and touchdown scorer probabilities, are detailed in this article.
Who will win Capitals vs. Penguins?
Based on advanced computer power and data, Dimers.com has simulated Saturday's Capitals-Penguins NHL game 10,000 times.
Dimers' renowned predictive analytics model, DimersBOT, currently gives the Penguins a 55% chance of defeating the Capitals.
More: Capitals vs. Penguins Simulated 10,000 Times
Capitals vs. Penguins Odds
- Puck Line: Penguins -1.5 (+170), Capitals +1.5 (-196)
- Moneyline: Penguins -145, Capitals +126
- Total: Over/Under 6.5 (-110/+100)
Puck Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
The Penguins are currently -1.5 favorites against the Capitals, with +170 at BetMGM the best odds currently available.
For the underdog Capitals (+1.5) to cover the puck line, FanDuel Sportsbook has the best odds currently on offer at -196.
BetMGM currently has the best moneyline odds for the Penguins at -145. That means you can risk $145 to win $100, for a total payout of $245, if they get the W.
Elsewhere, FanDuel Sportsbook currently has the best moneyline odds for the Capitals at +126, where you can put down $100 to profit $126, earning a total payout of $226, if they win.
The Over/Under sits at 6.5 with BetMGM, which currently has the best odds for the Over at -110, while DraftKings Sportsbook currently has the best odds for the Under at +100.
As always, make sure you check the sportsbooks you have access to in your state for the best NHL odds and lines.
According to DimersBOT, the Capitals (+1.5) are a 66% chance of covering the puck line, while the Over/Under total of 6.5 goals is a 52% chance of going Under.
More: Best Free Bet Tracking Tool
Best Bets for Capitals vs. Penguins
- Puck Line: Capitals +1.5 @ -196 via FanDuel Sportsbook (66% probability)
- Moneyline: Capitals @ +126 via FanDuel Sportsbook (0.4% edge)
- Total: Under 6.5 @ +100 via DraftKings Sportsbook (52% probability)
Dimers' best bets are based on complex modeling and betting intelligence to help you make more informed investments with your state's legal sportsbooks.
While the Penguins are more likely to win the game, according to DimersBOT, taking the Capitals moneyline is the best option due to the edge identified when comparing our data-led probabilities to the betting odds currently available.
Taking advantage of the edges seen on Dimers is crucial to being profitable in the long run.
Capitals vs. Penguins Betting Guide
Click or tap on See Matchup for more.
Dimers has full coverage of Saturday's Capitals-Penguins matchup, including pregame predictions, computer picks, and live win probabilities.
Capitals vs. Penguins Player Props
Who will score an anytime goal in Capitals vs. Penguins? The latest data is in.
Featured below are the most likely first goal and most likely anytime goal scorers for both the Capitals and Penguins.
And you know what, we provide this information to you for FREE to help you choose the best prop bets for Saturday's game.
According to DimersBOT, Washington's Alex Ovechkin is most likely to score the first goal in Capitals vs. Penguins.
DimersBOT gives Ovechkin an 8.0% chance of scoring the first goal at PPG Paints Arena, while the Capitals star is a 37.8% chance of registering an anytime goal.
Scroll down for our complete list of first and anytime goal scorer probabilities.
First Goal Scorer Probabilities
- Alex Ovechkin: 8.0% probability
- Tom Wilson: 4.2% probability
- Dylan Strome: 4.2% probability
- Nicklas Backstrom: 4.0% probability
- T.J. Oshie: 3.9% probability
- Sidney Crosby: 7.6% probability
- Jake Guentzel: 7.5% probability
- Bryan Rust: 5.3% probability
- Evgeni Malkin: 5.2% probability
- Rickard Rakell: 4.5% probability
Anytime Goal Scorer Probabilities
- Alex Ovechkin: 37.8% probability
- Tom Wilson: 23.9% probability
- T.J. Oshie: 22.1% probability
- Dylan Strome: 22.0% probability
- Evgeny Kuznetsov: 20.5% probability
- Jake Guentzel: 35.8% probability
- Sidney Crosby: 35.2% probability
- Bryan Rust: 31.3% probability
- Evgeni Malkin: 28.8% probability
- Rickard Rakell: 25.1% probability
Remember, DimersBOT updates frequently, so keep an eye on this page for the latest betting analysis before Capitals vs. Penguins on Saturday March 25, 2023.
Capitals vs. Penguins 2023 Game Info
Saturday's action between the Penguins and Capitals at PPG Paints Arena is scheduled to commence at 8:00PM ET.
- Who: Washington Capitals vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
- Date: Saturday March 25, 2023
- Time: 8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT
- Venue: PPG Paints Arena
Want to join an online sportsbook and start betting on the NHL? Check out the best sports betting offers in your state.
What other NHL games are on tonight?
The Capitals and Penguins aren't the only two NHL teams you can bet on today. DimersBOT never stops and we've got picks and best bets for every single NHL game in our NHL Bet Hub page.
Not only do we provide with you first-class predictions, but we also have recommended bets for the Puck Line, Over/Under and Moneyline. Sound good? Check it out today!