San Diego Padres vs. New York Mets: Model Firmly Predicts Mets to Cover the Run Line After New Data Released for Sunday's MLB Game [6/16/2024]

San Diego Padres vs. New York Mets: Model Firmly Predicts Mets to Cover the Run Line After New Data Released for Sunday's MLB Game [6/16/2024]

The New York Mets will square off with the San Diego Padres in MLB action at Citi Field on Sunday, beginning at 1:40PM ET.

The Mets will send Tylor Megill (1-3, 3.51 ERA) to the mound, while the Padres will counter with Dylan Cease (6-5, 3.36 ERA).

Based on the latest simulations, Dimers.com’s predictive MLB model (see Dimers Pro for full access) has picked the San Diego Padres as the most likely winner of the game.

“We have used the latest data to simulate the outcome of Sunday's Padres-Mets game 10,000 times,” said Dimers.com data analyst Greg Butyn. “After integrating all the recent updates and thousands of other inputs, we predict the Padres have a 55% chance of winning, whereas the Mets have a 45% chance.”

Padres vs. Mets Game-Day Updates and Essential Details

Sunday's MLB action between the Mets and Padres at Citi Field is scheduled to start at 1:40PM ET.

Dimers.com's full preview of Sunday's Padres vs. Mets matchup includes our prediction, picks and the latest betting odds.

Before making any the Mets vs. Padres picks, be sure to check out the latest MLB predictions and betting advice from Dimers Pro.

Padres vs. Mets Prediction: Who Will Win, Cover the Run Line

We have used advanced machine learning and data to simulate the result of Sunday's MLB game between the Padres and Mets 10,000 times, in keeping with our coverage of MLB predictions.

Our proven predictive analytics model gives the Padres a 55% chance of beating the Mets.

According to our model, the Mets (+1.5) have a 60% chance of covering the run line, while the 7-run over/under has a 54% chance of going over.

 

Padres vs. Mets Odds [6/16/2024]

We have sourced the best betting odds in America for this game, which are listed here:

Bet Type Padres Mets
Run Line -1.5 (+135) +1.5 (-155)
Moneyline -134 +120
Total o7 (-118) u7 (+100)

All odds are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change.

Padres vs. Mets Picks

The strongest edge our model has found in this Padres vs. Mets matchup is on the moneyline. Our expert predictions, matched against the latest odds, reveal MLB best bets in each major market, every day of the season.

Full access to our picks is available via Dimers Pro.

Plus, gain access to all of today's bets, expert analysis, real-time updates, and exclusive insights, including unlimited best bets, props, trends, and customizable parlays.

Calling Our Shot: Best Bets Video

Calling Our Shot produces daily MLB betting content, including the best bets featured below.

Conclusion

We predict the Padres, with a 55% win probability, will likely beat the Mets on Sunday.

AI and automation have enhanced this article to quickly deliver accurate Padres vs. Mets insights, with human oversight ensuring high editorial quality. Our predictions are sourced from current data to help you make informed decisions. For additional resources and advice on responsible gambling, please call 1-800-GAMBLER.

Note: Clicking links to our partners may earn us a referral fee.

More on MLB

Stay informed with the most recent MLB news and our data-led MLB picks and parlays all season long. Plus, our World Series odds give you the most up-to-date predictions and the best available odds on the World Series, American League, National League, and each division.

Dave Garofolo
Content Producer

Dave Garofolo, a seasoned fantasy sports and betting enthusiast with a special affection for MLB and NFL, uses his deep knowledge to craft game previews for the NBA, MLB, and NFL. He also brings his expertise to the golf world with tournament previews and parlays for the PGA TOUR and major golf tournaments. Additionally, Dave offers valuable props for NBA, MLB, NHL, and NCAAM basketball, along with best bets for MLB, NHL, and NCAAM. 

When not delving into the world of sports, Dave is an avid advocate for New Haven pizza, enjoys reading comic books, gardening, and spending time with his cats. His broad interests and detailed sports insights ensure that his contributions are both engaging and informative.

On the socials

Related Articles

More Articles
Loading...
Loading...
More from Dimers
About Dimers
icon 22,000+
Events covered per year
icon 8,000,000+
Users
Our partners
FanDuelDraftKingsBetMGMbet365