NFL NBA NHL College Basketball Tennis Golf Premier League La Liga Liga MX
Capitals vs. Avalanche Prediction and Odds - Jan 24, 2023Last updated: Jan 25, 2023, 2:05AM | Published: Jan 23, 2023, 10:21AM
The Colorado Avalanche take on the Washington Capitals in NHL action at Ball Arena on Tuesday, commencing at 9:00PM ET.
Dimers' top betting picks for Capitals vs. Avalanche, plus game predictions, betting odds and projected player stats, are featured below.
Who will win Capitals vs. Avalanche?
Based on state-of-the-art machine learning and data, Dimers.com has simulated Tuesday's Capitals-Avalanche NHL game 10,000 times.
Dimers' famous predictive analytics model, DimersBOT, currently gives the Avalanche a 56% chance of beating the Capitals.
Capitals vs. Avalanche Game Odds
- Puck Line: Avalanche -1.5 (+190), Capitals +1.5 (-215)
- Moneyline: Avalanche -125, Capitals +116
- Total: Over/Under 5.5 (-118/-105)
Puck Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
The Avalanche are listed as -1.5 favorites versus the Capitals, with +190 at BetMGM the best odds currently available.
For the underdog Capitals (+1.5) to cover the puck line, FanDuel Sportsbook has the best odds currently on offer at -215.
DraftKings Sportsbook currently has the best moneyline odds for the Avalanche at -125, which means you can risk $125 to win $100, for a total payout of $225, if they get the W.
On the other hand, FanDuel Sportsbook currently has the best moneyline odds for the Capitals at +116, where you can put down $100 to profit $116, earning a total payout of $216, if they win.
The Over/Under is set at 5.5 with FanDuel Sportsbook, which currently has the best odds for the Over at -118, as well as the best odds for the Under at -105.
According to DimersBOT, the Capitals (+1.5) are a 66% chance of covering the puck line, while the 5.5-goal Over/Under is a 55% chance of going Over.
Best Bets for Capitals vs. Avalanche
- Puck Line: Avalanche -1.5 @ +190 via BetMGM
- Moneyline: Avalanche @ -125 via DraftKings Sportsbook (56% probability)
- Total: Over 5.5 @ -118 via FanDuel Sportsbook (55% probability)
Our best bets are based on world-class modeling and wagering intelligence to serve you the best possible plays 24/7/365.
Even though the Capitals are more likely to cover the puck line, our best bet of Avalanche -1.5 is based on the chance of that happening, according to DimersBOT, and the top odds available.
Capitals vs. Avalanche Betting Guide
Click or tap on See Matchup for more.
Dimers has full coverage of Tuesday's Capitals-Avalanche matchup, including pregame predictions, computer picks, and live win probabilities.
Capitals vs. Avalanche Player Props
Who will score an anytime goal in Capitals vs. Avalanche? The latest data is in.
Listed below are the most likely first goal and most likely anytime goal scorers for both the Capitals and Avalanche.
And you know what, we provide this information to you for FREE to help you choose the best prop picks for Tuesday's game.
According to DimersBOT, Washington's Alex Ovechkin is most likely to score the first goal in Capitals vs. Avalanche.
DimersBOT gives Ovechkin a 9.5% chance of scoring the first goal at Ball Arena, while the Capitals star is a 43.0% chance of netting an anytime goal.
Scroll down for our complete list of first and anytime goal scorer probabilities.
First Goal Scorer Probabilities
- Alex Ovechkin: 9.5% probability
- Anthony Mantha: 4.3% probability
- Dylan Strome: 4.1% probability
- Tom Wilson: 4.1% probability
- Evgeny Kuznetsov: 3.4% probability
- Mikko Rantanen: 8.9% probability
- Nathan MacKinnon: 8.3% probability
- Artturi Lehkonen: 6.2% probability
- Valeri Nichushkin: 4.9% probability
- Evan Rodrigues: 4.9% probability
Anytime Goal Scorer Probabilities
- Alex Ovechkin: 43.0% probability
- Anthony Mantha: 22.5% probability
- Tom Wilson: 21.3% probability
- Dylan Strome: 20.9% probability
- Evgeny Kuznetsov: 19.5% probability
- Mikko Rantanen: 40.8% probability
- Nathan MacKinnon: 39.0% probability
- Artturi Lehkonen: 31.5% probability
- J.T. Compher: 25.0% probability
- Evan Rodrigues: 24.9% probability
Remember, DimersBOT updates often, so keep checking this page for the latest betting analysis ahead of Capitals vs. Avalanche on Tuesday January 24, 2023.
Capitals vs. Avalanche 2023 Game Info
Tuesday's game between the Avalanche and Capitals at Ball Arena is scheduled to start at 9:00PM ET.
- Who: Washington Capitals vs. Colorado Avalanche
- Date: Tuesday January 24, 2023
- Time: 9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT
- Venue: Ball Arena
Enjoy Dimers and want to keep the site free? Every time you join a sportsbook featured here, we get paid a small fee.
These fees help us keep Dimers free for all sports fans. So, if you like what you see, support us by joining one of our legal sports betting partners.
Want more NHL analysis like this?
To get more NHL betting previews like you've just read for Capitals vs. Avalanche, all you've gotta do is visit Dimers' NHL Betting News page. It's that easy – they're all there!
We use the power of predictive analytics to find edges in the markets so we can write the most comprehensive NHL betting previews available. We do this by comparing our own probabilities against the sportsbooks' odds (aka Vegas odds) as soon as they go live.
So, get ahead of the game and beat the bookies today – it's only a click away.